Thursday, July 26, 2007

Crochet


I Love Crochet!






I became interested in needlework & craft by watching my great grandmother, grandmother and mother effortlessly create lovely treasures. I was so amazed that just with thread and a needle or hook you could make such intricate designs, at the end of it you feel a sense of achievement! I have to make a special mention of my great grandmother who never sat idle even for a moment even at the age of 90! She was always busy crocheting and her work was absolutely stunning, hope that i could be half as good as her one day.

My Mum thought me the basics of crochet and from then on there has been no looking back. Once you learn the basic chain and the rest of the stitches, you can follow patterns or just create your own. The possibilities are endless....doilies( my favourite!), edgings, table mats, kitchen pads, baby blankets, tablecloths & runners, sweaters etc
I have not yet ventured into tablecloths & clothing, but hope in the future i can be proud to say i have done so!

Above are pictures of a few doilies i have done.





2 comments:

Kothai said...

Hey Nandhini....I love to crochet too...All the doilies are so nice n perfect...

Nandini said...

Hi Kothai...Thank you so much!