Thursday, July 12, 2007

My attempt to share with the world my experiences of learning cooking!

Even though i lived with my Mum for 27 years, i did not learn much cooking from her as i was of the impression that when i have to do it i will! I am sure most of you would agree that was a very grave mistake which i am going to regret for the rest of my life! To become a fantastic cook like my Mum seems to be a distant dream! Mum i miss you!!! Luckily Mum is just a phone call away and i have been able to ask her for recipes when i need them.

My whole family is full of excellent cooks not only the women but some men as well! So for me the standards of becoming a good cook are extremely high as i have to compete with all my family members who have had so much experience. By the end of it all i hope i become at least half as good as all of them!

Since i joined my husband, I have started cooking(out of neccessity!) in my own kitchen and my dear husband is the guinea pig! I am lucky that he is straightforward and gives me an honest opinion so that i can better myself. In fact now i love to experiment and try out new dishes.

The reason i have started this blog is because i have been inspired by my fellow bloggers who have been my constant companions in my kitchen almost everyday! Thank you and hope that i can share some of my tried and tested recipes with all of you, as and when possible. Of course all these recipes are not mine but mostly from my Mum. So i will give credit where credit is due! Thankyou Mum!

So everyone here goes...this is my first post and definitely not my last! Will start posting the recipes soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sister!! very cool blog! looks like i have a new source for recipes!

Nandini said...

Thanks bro! Glad u liked it.

Unknown said...

damn cool ....am trying out the biryani bit now....seems very easy the way you write it, hope it comes out as well as theother day!!!